International Choir Festival-Competition for those who love the sound of voice.
The Festival-competition “The voice of wealth” is one of the largest and brightest cultural events in Europe. Every year the Festival takes place on the beautiful coast of Costa Brava where thousands of participants from around the world show to humanity their uniqueness, originality of performance and talent – simply, their Vocal art.
The Festival is held to promote the art of choral singing and to get to know the European public with creativity and mastery of choirs around the world. The purpose of this competition is to connect with each other, to exchange choral singing experiences of different cultures and styles, to expand the repertoire of choral groups, to create new creative contacts and to make new friends.
Objectives of the festival:
- Creating a creative atmosphere for professional networking of participants of the festival, exchange of experiences and repertoire
- Joint performances of professional and amateur choral collectives from around the world
- Creating a networking atmosphere between participants of the festival and the audience to create future contacts in the field of choral singing
- Discovery of new names and talents in the field of choral singing
- Involvement of music producers and managers to organize follow-concert activity of participants
Participants of the Festival:
- Choral collectives and ensembles from around the world can take part in the festival
- Choirs can be mixed, men’s, woman’s or children (the number of participants is not limited)
- Vocal ensembles from 3 people can take part in the Festival
- Professional and amateur collectives may participate
- Collectives of different age categories may participate in the festival
- Children’s choirs (6 – 14 years)
- Youth choirs (15 till 25 years)
- Women choirs (26 years and more)
- Men choirs (26 years and more)
- Mixed choirs
- Vocal ensembles
- Academic singing
- Church (spiritual) singing
- Folklore singing
- Gospel music and others
Conditions of participation:
- Participants should present two performances of different character with the total duration of 10 minutes
- It is possible to perform with musical accompaniment or a cappella
- Performances should meet generally accepted standards of stage culture
- Participants should bring their own musical instruments and bear all costs associated with their transportation
Prizes and awards of the festival
All participants of the competition are awarded with international diplomas.
The participants of the competition are given the following title:
- Grand Prix possessor
- 1st degree winner
- 2nd degree winner
- 3rd degree winner
- Award winner
- Participant of the competition
Winners of the competition are awarded with corresponding certificates, confirming the title.
All participants will be awarded with diplomas of international standard.
Leaders and supporters of the participants will be awarded official Thank you letters from the Festival Organising Committee.
Sponsors have the right to set up additional prizes and awards independently from the rewarding jury.
According to the results of the competition, the winners of the Grand Prix will be defined (from all nominations).
The score rating system means that regardless of the number of participants in any category, each of them will be evaluated by the jury on the quality of his performance, without comparing one with the other participants.
In the absence of worthy contenders for the Grand Prix or other prizes, those will simply not not be awarded.
Since it is a score evaluation system, according to the results of the competition day, prizes may be duplicated.
The jury’s decision is final and can not be changed.
The organizational committee of the competition chooses the members of the international jury.
The jury rates the performances of the competition by voting secretly on a scale of one to ten.
The main evaluation criteria judges on the executive level and skill.
The estimation will be made by following criteria:
- Technical skills: Intonation, rhythmics, phrasing, build, ensemble, execution accuracy of the musical text and pronunciation
- Artistic skills: Tempo, dynamics, text interpretation, emotion, expressiveness, stylistic fidelity and quality sounding of the chorus
- Programm presentation: Selection of repertoir, complexity of execution, general impression for collective and appearance (suits)
The decisions of the jury are final.
- DAY 1 – Arrival in Barcelona. Transfer to Costa Brava, where the Festival will be conducted. Accommodation in hotel, relax and depending on the arrival time, meeting with festival organisers, getting to know the festival program and presentation of the excursion program.
- DAY 2 – Breakfast. Visit of bazaar of the town. Rehearsal. In the evening – Festival opening.
- DAY 3 – – Breakfast. Excursion to beautiful and historical capital of Catalonia – Barcelona (for additional payment). Dinner.
- DAY 4 – Breakfast. Excursion to the sacred Monastery Montserrat (a unique natural reserve, the most important
religious center of Catalonia – for additional payment)
- DAY 5 – – Breakfast. Rehearsal. Gala Concert in famous catholic church(High arches of the temple centuries adjusted proportions by themselves provide the perfect sound of the vote. As the audience and the performers themselves derive great pleasure from the splendid acoustics, embedded in the architecture of the building itself.). Dinner
- DAY 6 – Breakfast. Departure (Room Check-out till 10am). Transfer to airport.
The program can be changed.
All excursions on request and for an additional payment.
Participation in competition/accomodation:
- Accommodation in 3/4 room – 215 euro/person – additional day: 30 euro/ person
- Accommodation in double room – 235 euro/person – additional day: 35 euro/ person
- Accommodation in single room – 300 euro/person – additional day: 50 euro/ person
Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
Additional payment for participants:
- Solists: 50€
- Duets, small groups (3-5 people): 20€/person
- Participation in additional category – 10€/person
All participants and guests will be provided with:
- Stay in a 3 stars hotel in double-, triple- or quarter rooms (6 days/5 nights). . The hotel is located 60 km from Barcelona Airport and 35 km from Girona Airport. It is located in the city centre, 800 meters from a beach
- 3x food service per day (Drinks can be ordered for an additional payment).
- Prizes and gifts
- International Diplomas
- Diplomas and gifts from the city
- An official invitation
- Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
- Opportunity to visit the best places in Costa Brava (a big spectrum of excursions is offered for an additional payment)
Attention: The price doesn’t include tourist tax!
The tourist tax has to be paid to the hotel at the checkin. The price is 0,50€/ person/ night. This is only for people who are 17 years old and older.
- Medical insurance
- Transport charges
- Transfer Barcelona/ Girona Airport – hotel – Barcelona/ Girona Airport. If you wish, we can arrange a transfer for an additional payment. Participants arriving separately should pay separately
For an additional payment, excursions can be organized:
- 4 hours on a sailing catamaran ‘Sensation’ (includes food and drinks + swimming in a wild bay)
- Excursion to Barcelona + musical fountains
- Excursion to the Montserrat monastery
- Knights tournament at the 18th century medieval castle
- Show Flamenco ‘Noche Espanyola’
- Theme park ‘Port Aventura’
- Excursion to Girona and famous Dali Museum